If you have low self-confidence, you might agree with the following statements:
- I do not like to try new things.
- I can’t do anything right.
- If my friends criticize me, or if my teacher corrects a lot on my homework, I get very upset.
- I don’t know what I am good at.
- I have a hard time meeting new people or making friends.
- I am embarrassed to ask a question or speak up in class.
- Before I do something, I may think “I can’t do it.”
- I don’t like to try new things unless someone shows me how to do it first.
- I don’t like myself.
Boost your self-confidence
- Think positive thoughts about yourself! Focus on your strengths — not your weaknesses. Realize that you are better at some things than others.
- Set realistic goals. This means not setting goals too high or too low, but at a level you know you can reach. Then, you can always strive to do better than your goal.
- Give yourself credit when you reach a goal and praise yourself when you have done well.
- Learn to be assertive — express your thoughts, opinions, needs, and feelings openly — but without abusing others’ rights.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Remember: you’re just fine the way you are!
- Practice positive body language. Walk tall, don’t slump. When your body says “I can” everyone will believe you can.
It will get better, even just try a few things that could help, we can do it together!!! Be confident and not shy together!! We can support each other over email! Together we will recover form EDs anxiety depression okay? It will happen! I promise!
Having low self confidence can make recovery harder, trust me I know, you just feel useless but honestly you aren't your perfect!!
Good luck! :)
This things are Understandable especially when you are trying to handle depression, anxiety and EDs, but hey it will get better, you might just be a bit more fragile than others and with everything else going obit is common for girls (and boys) to feel this way