Sunday 7 June 2015

Dinner for the grandparents :)

Hi guys :) how are you?? 
Last night for the first time in ages I cooked dinner for my whole family and my grandparents so my gran nana and poppa :) so happy 
Oh and I ate it too!!!! Normally I struggle a lot with eating my own cooking, baking is okay but cooking usually I won't eat it but  I did!!! 
I made a Chinese meal. So we had sweet and sour chicken, honey soy chicken, egg fried rice, steamed veges and bok choy (which is my favourite vegetable of all time, it tastes sooooo good!!!! You should definitely try it yum :) ) with a garlic and soy sauce thingy :) 
The first 2 dishes written above I got the recipe from 'the recipe critic' which is another website which has the recipes on it if you would like to try it out, they are very easy and super yummy!!! 
I know I am awesome at putting things in bowls nicely ;) 

Yummy :) and everyone seemed to like it too! But mostly everyone was super proud with me which was super nice to have their support:) 

I am the weirdest cook ever. If anyone saw me cook I think they would burst out laughing ;) I hate touching meat so I wear two pairs of rubber gloves (incase one rips) and I can't look at it and the smell so I don't  look hold my breath and wear two pairs of gloves which make my hands look super fat haha!!!! And then when it comes to browning it in oil I get scared that it will spit at me and burn me (which I think is fair enough:)) so I wear oven mits when frying it haha :)
I must look ridiculous. But hey it works :) 

And for dessert I made a apple and berry sponge pudding from the good trusty Edmonds cook book. It is a cook book which had been around for ages in New Zealand abd I think everyone who grew up in NZ has one literally everyone! I don't know anyone who doesn't!! 
But it's a great book so if anyone come out to NZ grab a copy!  
So yeah it turns out it was my grans favourite recipe from when she was little abd she had forgotten about it so that was nice :) 
It's pretty much a berry crumble but instead swap the crumble for sponge :) super yummy!!! 

So yeah that was a nice day :) 

Hope you are well!!
Lots of love 
Livvy xoxoxo:) 




1 comment:

  1. Your cooking and baking looks amazing! You should be so proud of yourself, and even moreso for eating it as well as cooking and baking it!

    I am the same as you with the rubber gloves - I have some latex gloves which I have to wear when I prepare food!! Glove-wearers-unite :)

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete