The Butterfly project
The butterfly project is designed to help people to stop self harming and cutting themselves, and I think it is a really good way/treatment which you can do by yourself and you dont have to tell anyone if they dont know in the first place, it can be a completely individual thing. It is in a form of a game (sort of?) which you can challenge yourself with, which I think is a good idea as it is all you and your will to stop self harming. So here it is....
1. when you feel like you want to cut, take a marker or pen and draw a butterfly wherever the self-harm occurs.
2. name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. NO scrubbing the butterfly off.
4. if you cut before the butterfly is gone, it dies. if you don't cut, it lives.
5. another person may draw them on you. these butterflies are extra special. take good care of them.
6. even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support.
Even though I dont self harm any more but I use to, and I know how hard it is and it is used for a method of coping but you have to realize in the long run it does more harm than good. I now draw a butterfly on my ankle to show my support, so if you ever want me to name a butterfly after you, please ask I would be happy to, I just want you to recover and have the happiness you deserve!!!!
Stay strong, you can do it
Lots of love